The History of Group Companies

KOA SHOJI CO., LTD.

1991
Establishment of KOA SHOJI CO., LTD.
1993
Acquirement of Import & Sales of Pharmaceuticals License
1999
Newly Opening its Laboratory meeting GMPI Guidance
2004
Movement of the Head Office and Laboratory & Warehouse
2005
Acquirement of Pharmaceutical Manufacturer License (Category: packaging, labeling and storage)
2006
Newly Opening its Osaka Sales Office
2008
Introducing Isolator
2009
Newly Opening its Pharmaceutical Analysis Center, Construction of Head Office
2014
Construction of Osaka Office / Laboratory, Storage
2015
Newly Opening its SI Center (Advanced Research in Analysis)

KOA ISEI CO., LTD.

1956
"Yamagata-ken Ishi-Seiyaku (Yamagata Prefecture Pharmaceuticals) Co., Ltd." was established (Capital: 2.5 million yen)
1962
Capital increased to 35 million yen
1964
Company renamed to "Yamagata Ishi-Seiyaku (Yamagata Pharmaceuticals) Co., Ltd."
1969
Capital increased to 84.5 million yen
1970
New Factory completed
1971
Capital increased to 180 million yen
1973
Changing its name to "ISEI CO., INC."
1975
GMP compliant factory added
1987
Product warehouse and distribution center completed
1996
GMP compliant first-stage renovation work completed
1997
GMP compliant second-stage renovation work completed
1998
GMP compliant third-stage renovation work completed
1999
GMP compliant fourth-stage renovation work completed
2000
Headquarters moved from Yamagata Kasumicho to Yamagata Wakabacho
2001
GMP compliant fifth-stage renovation work completed
2004
Completion of room and equipment augmentation and renovation work for liquid formulations,
2004
Completion of first-stage equipment augmentation and renovation work for vial freeze-drying formulations
2008
Completion of second-stage equipment augmentation and renovation work for vial freeze-drying formulations
2011
Capital alliance with Koa Shoji CO., LTD. with capital increased to 480 million yen
2012
Ampoule freeze-drying equipment extended
2015
Changing its name to KOA ISEI CO., LTD. in July 2015 after becoming as a member of KOA SHOJI HOLDINGS Group which was established on January 30, 2015.
2016
Zao Factory for high pharmacological activity injections completed.

KOA BIOTECH BAY CO., LTD.

2002
Establishment of BIOTECH BAY CO., LTD.
2005
Acquirement of First-class Marketing Business License
2008
Acquirement of Drug Marketing Business License
2013
Construction of Pharmaceutical Packaging Factory, Movement of the Head Office, and Acquirement of Drug Manufacturing License (General Drugs)
2014
Start of Contract Packaging/Filling Business
2015
Changing its name to KOA BIOTECH BAY CO., LTD.

KOA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD.

1951
Establishment of Drug Marketing Business called "Poligron Main Shop" (kanda, Tokyo)
1957
Newly Opening its Own Office in Nakano-ward, Tokyo
1959
Starting marketing Tonics called "Wakon M Gold"
1961
Changing its name to "KOA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD."
1968
Starting marketing Viromin (Vitamin E preparation)
1980
Transferring the Yokohama Factory from Nippon Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
1989
The groundbreaking ceremony for its New Office (the current Head Office ) and Setting the Foundation Day
1990
Completion of the New Office Building meeting "GMP for Drugs"
2002
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of its foundation, and Establishing its "Wako・Poli" Supporting Party with the member stores of Nippon Pharmacy Cooperation
2012
Becoming a member company of KOA SHOJI Group
2014
Changing its name to KOA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. (Only Chinese characters for "KOA" in the name were changed)